We employ a personalized style of medicine that approaches chronic medical conditions with a focus on finding the core imbalances or underlying causes rather than just treat the symptoms.
The conditions treated are not limited to these, as the scope of medicine is broad, but these are some of the most common conditions seen and treated by our care team at Oregon Center for Functional Medicine:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic fatigue
- High Blood Pressure
- High cholesterol
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Thyroid conditions
Our integrative medicine approach is based on the following:
- Complementary to and inclusive a variety of treatment modalities
- Holistically oriented, focusing on mind, body and spirit
- Focuses on optimal health – not just the absence of symptoms or dis-ease
- Requires patient to take an active role in health creation
- Acknowledges multi-factorial nature of complex situation, requiring a multi-dimensional approach
- A preference for natural, non-toxic therapies – harnessing the body’s ability to heal itself
How It Works
The length of our program varies, but is generally about 6-8 months depending on the severity of your situation. Most of our patients experience significant improvements to their wellness within a few weeks of starting to work with our care team.
In-depth 90-minute intake visit
Four 30- to 60-minute follow up visits over the course of 6-8 months
Community & Support
Unlimited email contact with our team for quick conversations, plus online and group education on lifestyle modifications
Collaborative care approach between doctors, health coaches, and patient
Online and group education on topics around gut health, detox, weight loss, chronic conditions, and metabolic syndrome, diabetes and obesity
Wonder If Oregon Center for Functional Medicine
Is Right For You?
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Oregon Center for Functional Medicine is right for you.